WHAT ARE THE 8 CORE PRINCIPLES?
–A common required skillset where from all Saberists base their Style of lightsaber practice.
–The 4 most commonly pursued styles of LED Saber Arts stemming from these principles are Saberology, Saber Flow, Stage Combat, and Sparring or Sport Dueling. These are referred to as “MetaStyles”.
–They address the basic needs of the casual attendee, to the devoted Saber practitioner.
–These are from existing, widely used and correct interpretations of many core practical sword techniques based on decades worth of Saber training experience from teachers around the world.
The 8 Core Principles – Every Instructor needs to understand these required parameters:
- Safety (All MetaStyles require appropriate Practical Applications individual to each)
- Awareness / Respect
- Mechanics, Planes of Motion
- Stances / Footwork, (Triangles, Rails, etc.)
- Striking or Reach
- Defensive Response or Engagement (Diamonds, Boxes, Circles, 8’s)
- Range and Motion
- Expressive Movement or Form (leads into forms & sets stage for various teacher’s departure into individual styles)