FAQ: “What are the requirements for instructor certification? I am an experienced martial artist trained in [fill in your Martial Art or Expressive Art style here]. What are the pre-requisites for my MetaStyle?”
To be considered a Certified Saberist Instructor under Saberist Academy, having a required understanding of the 8 Core Principles of LED Saber Combat is essential. The attention levels of each vary as practiced within each MetaStyle framework for practical application in each MetaStyle. The most obvious is the Safety level.
In example, Safety observations or needs may be:
* Saberology – Comfortable Clothes, a quiet learning environment.
* Saber Flow – Attire, acknowledging your immediate proximity to your surroundings (don’t forget to look up!)
* Stage Combat – Knee Pads, knuckle gloves, stretching, clear communication with scene partners, etc.
* Sport Dueling – Proper armor and padding, 350N (Newton force) Fencing Mask, Lacrosse gloves, etc.
Of all the various teachers and methods out there, we believe that by having a basic framework Instructors can all agree on is needed. There are very specific main interest categories of lightsaber arts, being the four MetaStyles we identify. Of course there are more, but these are the most common knowledge requests.
So in order to “pass our requirements” we need to know that you know and understand these points:
– Be defined in your MetaStyle
– Exhibit full understanding of your operating within the Core Principles.
– Have a curriculum that plugs into and builds upon these standards.
With your paid Certification registration as an Instructor in our Saberist Network, other saberists around the world can find you, and then sign up for classes as well. We’re about to launch an App we think you will like. You also get a framable Certificate and an SA patch.